Thursday, September 6, 2007

Kennewick, Washington

Brandon Cash


Craig Morgan


Jamie and I with "Big Jim" from 94.9 The Wolf

Jamie eating the longest noodle ever

The radio station's mascot, Howler and Reba

Our new friends really liked Shania
Entertaining the crowd


Jamie "cruising" in the kiddie car at the mall

Good thing I didn't get stuck


Can he fit?

Nope!


We arrived in Kennewick, Washington on August 19th. Bored that night, I decided to highlight my hair. I am still not sure if I like it or not, hmm....

Our event in Kennewick was the Benton Franklin Fair and Rodeo. It was a long event. At the end of each day there was a concert on a small stage right behind our trailer. On Tuesday the Charlie Daniels' Band played, Wednesday was Cheap Trick, Thursday was Randy Travis, Friday afternoon we had Brandon Cash (a son of Johnny Cash) play a few songs on our trailer stage and the evening band was The Guess Who. Saturday was the big day for us as the radio station we were working with was the main sponsor of the concert that evening. The artist performing was Craig Morgan. Jamie and I had the chance to meet Craig during his Meet-N-Greet, courtesy of the radio station. Matt, Jamie and I also threw out CMT T-shirts to the crowd before his big performance. I also was briefly interviewed and filmed by the local ABC station. I didn't get to see it, but I am assuming that it aired on local TV.

Although a very successful event, it was somewhat trying due to the massive amount of small children and clueless parents passing through the trailer. We were ready to say our goodbyes to Kennewick come Saturday night.

No comments: