Saturday, September 8, 2007

El Paso, TX


My first Whataburger experience!

Jamie and I checked out of our hotel in Yuma, Arizona at noon on September 4th and grabbed lunch at Inn-N-Out. They are known for their burgers and are only in three states: California, Arizona and Nevada. It was definitely a great burger:-)


After lunch, we began our super long drive to El Paso, TX. It was an all day drive and we didn't get into El Paso until about 11:00 that night. Jamie and I discussed how in the past eight days we were in eight states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas!


We headed straight for our rooms to crash. The next morning the three of us were reunited once again as Matt had flown into El Paso the night before. We had lunch at a little Mexican restaurant in El Paso and then vegged out for the rest of the day. I headed to the laundromat because I barely had a thing left to wear!


Later that evening Matt and I headed to Whataburger for my first ever meal there as well! We got to catch up on things since we hadn't seen each other for a week. I know that seems like a short amount of time, but when we see each other all day every day, it seems like much longer then that! Jamie decided to stay in while we went to dinner and we later found out why...she was watching the tennis tournament on TV:-)


Once we got back to the hotel after dinner, the three of us met in the lobby and chatted for awhile before calling it a night. Jamie was to fly out the next morning to go home to Kansas for her vacation and Matt and I were to leave for Las Cruces, New Mexico for a "Hick Chick" Event.

No comments: