Roland put our raft in a rapid and let us "surf" for a bit
The whole crew in the raft...we were with three randoms
Jamie, Matt and I in those hott wetsuits;-)
When we arrived at AVA, we checked in and put on our wetsuits and other gear to prepare for the trip. Man, wetsuits are funny clothing. Anyway we prepared for the river and took a bus over to the entrance. I had never been rafting before and it was soooo much fun! Apparently the river was much lower then it is in the beginning of the summer which means that it is less intense. The rapids were still a challenge but Roland was an excellent guide so it was a really fun experience! After we finished rafting, the guides prepared fajitas for us for lunch. What a fun day! I feel so lucky to have had such wonderful experiences while in Colorado! I definitely want to come back to vacation sometime in the future.
After our rafting trip we drove about two and a half hours back to Denver. When we arrived, Jamie, Matt and I met up with my friend, Brenda and got to have dinner with her! It was so awesome to see her again and at least spend a few hours with her!

No comments:
Post a Comment