Matt giving away free CMT swag
Matt and I out in Ft. Smith, Arkansas
Matt and I arrived in Arkansas for the Arklahoma State Fair on Sunday September 23. The fair would be our longest event of the whole summer; six straight days. Our trailer was set-up at the entrance of the park and directly across from Timberwolf, a tobacco marketing crew. We quickly made friends with the guys at T-wolf.
We saw a lot of people at the fair and had many people sing karaoke. There were several excellent singers at this event and one by the name of none other then Mandy Moore. Mandy had voice that was equally as beautiful as the famous Mandy Moore.
Each night of the fair there was a main event the fairground stadium. Two of the evenings there were country concerts. One night the performer was Joe Nichols and Trent Tomlinson was the other country singer. A circus and monster truck rally were two of the other main events.
Matt and I didn't have to work until late afternoon each day so we had the mornings and afternoons to ourselves to veg out or do whatever we wanted. Early in the week Matt and I drove to Oklahoma, which was literally about five minutes away, in an attempt to find a good place to eat. We had no such luck with that endeavor, but now I can say that I have been to Oklahoma, a state I had never been to previously.
One afternoon, Matt and I met up with our radio contact, Tommy Street, at the radio station and did a short promo for CMT and got the grand tour of the radio station as well. It's always cool to see the different radio stations that we work with.
On Thursday night, Matt and I went out with the T-Wolf guys. We went to a bar in downtown Ft. Smith called Roosters. It was a great release from the never-ending fair we were working at and our new friends were a lot of fun and hilarious as well.
Our event concluded on Saturday night and we drove back to Nashville on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment